The role requires a thorough understanding of customer and their needs. It draws on usability design principles and best practices, along with an understanding of how visual and interaction design work together to create a world-class user experience. The role works closely with the AVP User Experience and Marketing who will help set standards and guidelines to be followed.
To apply for the UX Designer role, please send your CV to Shane.carton(a)solasit.ie or call Shane on 015367384 for more information.
Responsibilities of the UX Designer Role:
- Partners with Technical Product Owner, Product Owner, Marketing, Scrum team members, and subject matter experts to support the development of easy to use and delightful user interfaces.
- Develops user interfaces that will bring an exceptional and consistent user experience across multiple digital platforms that are consistent and reinforcing of the corporate brand.
- Promote Persona and User Experience led designs
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mock-ups and prototypes that lead to intuitive and excellent user experiences.
- Facilitate the Product Owner’s vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mock-ups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Take a user-centred design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas.
- Develops pattern and style libraries and keeps them updated and maintained.
- Creates screen shot mock-up’s and/or prototypes for usability testing and requirements gathering.
- Ensures that the user experience is applied consistently by overseeing the use of brand guidelines, colour, font, icons and other artefacts, and ensures compliance with Accessibility Standards
- Monitors best practices, trends and new technologies and evaluates them for possible adoption.
Required Knowledge and Experience for the UX Designer Role:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, relevant business experience
- 2+ years of experience designing user experiences and interaction design for rich interactive web sites and/or applications
- Exceptional user interface and experience design skills and an understanding of user-centred design disciplines and principals, as well as an eye for subtle detail
- Proven experience designing for multiple devices, such as mobile and tablet
- Expert using the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability to work as part of an Agile team and influence business partners, Product Owner, development team on the need for strong UX design
- A solid understanding of modern web technologies and interaction patterns and experience in designing complex solutions for complete digital environments including mobile-first and responsive design.
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.