Ideal Location in the heart of the City Centre, we are looking to hire a passionate Systems Engineer to work in an agile environment with an innovative multinational organization who are a Global leader in their industry. They are currently seeking a Systems Engineer who will be responsible for providing support to the global operations. This is an ideal opportunity for a Systems Engineer with strong technical experience, looking to develop their career within an award-winning global company.
To apply for the Systems Engineer role, please send your CV to Ryan.Wannenburg(a)solasit.ie, or call Ryan on 01 244 9531.
Responsibilities of the Systems Engineer role:
- Ensuring the smooth and reliable operation of company systems
- Assisting in the automation of existing processes and innovating new solutions across all infrastructures
- Designing and deploying new features, configurations or enhancements to existing systems
- Aiding in the deployment and daily operations of company systems and related infrastructure
- Taking ownership of assigned tasks and seeing them out until completion
- Managing systems and infrastructure in virtualized on-premises environments
- Monitoring and testing systems performance on an ongoing basis, and developing and implementing strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems
- Creating and maintaining documentation as it relates to systems, configurations and processes.
Required Experience and Skills for the Systems Engineer role:
- Strong analytical and technical troubleshooting skills
- Strong understanding and proficiency in server operating systems including Microsoft Windows, Linux, and VMWare, among others
- Experience with VMWare ESXi and VSAN
- Experience in the design, development and implementation of systems, applications and networks
- Experience in systems planning, security principles and general management best practice
- Hands-on experience working with Microsoft IIS
- Experience of scripting language (Python or PowerShell)
- A strong understanding of networking principles and practices, and experience working with enterprise level switches, routers and firewalls
- Hands-on experience in installing, building and maintaining servers, networks and hardware.
Experience in the following areas would be a distinct advantage but not essential:
- Microsoft SQL
- Apache Cassandra
- Fortinet FortiGate firewalls and Fortimanager / FortiAnalyzer
- HAProxy, NGINX and RabbitMQ
- Relevant Microsoft, Cisco, VMware or other IT Certifications
If you are interested in learning more about this role and happy to be represented by Solas IT please email me with your CV firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively please call me on 00 353 1 2449531