About the job
My Client are looking to recruit an experienced Systems Administrator to ensure the stable operation of the in-house computer software systems and network connections. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all network software and communication links. The System Administrator will also analyse and resolve end user software program and connectivity issues in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training where required.
Position & Responsibilities:
- Manage and administrate all operating systems and their corresponding or associated software.
- Manage communications and connection solutions, including local area networks, company website, intranet, and Internet applications.
- Manage and ensure the integrity of host computers, multiple databases and data transfer.
- Deploy and maintain firewalls, cryptography systems, and all host security activities.
- Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user desktops.
- Install and configure messaging and printer systems.
- Design and implement disaster recovery plan for operating systems, databases, networks, servers, and software applications.
- Provide on-call technical support.
- Analyze system or application usage and plan for growth or increases in network capacity.
- Assess need for any system reconfigurations (minor or significant) and execute them if required.
- Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of systems software procurement and development efforts.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure software products and services.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for system administration and appropriate use.
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Establish service level agreements with end users.
- Administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
- Perform network and security audits.
- Perform system backups.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- 5+ years experience in system administration, networking, or related capacity
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Certifications in Microsoft and Cisco preferred.
- Working technical knowledge of network, PC, and server platform operating systems.
- Experience with VMware ESX hosts, Virtual Server Management, and VDI.
- Application support experience with ImageRight or equivalent Imaging System.
- Working technical knowledge of current systems software, protocols, and standards, including Cisco and Microsoft VPN solutions, ftp, http, ssl and dns.
- Strong knowledge of local area network administration.
- Hands-on software and hardware troubleshooting experience.
If you are interested in learning more about this role and happy to be represented by Solas IT please email me with your CV email@example.com. Alternatively please call me on 00 353 1 5367381