A global leader in the paperless validation industry, my client is at the forefront of software development in the Limerick region. Due to on-going success in their market, my client is on the lookout for an System Administrator to join their talented team. The successful candidate will work in-conjunction with the DBA team to ensure the smooth operation of the solution, provide 3-rd level support to Customer Support team, and work closely with the Cloud Automation team. With a current team size of 30+ (devs, testers, scrum masters &support), my client is looking to double in size this year. Based on the outskirts of Limerick City, they are very accessible.
Package includes an excellent salary pension, healthcare, flexi time.
Apply for the System Administrator role above or contact John Egan for more information.
Responsibilities of the System Administrator role:
- Work with the Security function to ensure security best practises are followed across systems and that reporting metrics are available.
- To be a point of contract for technical issues on a variety of components
- Continuously endeavour to improve the stability, performance and scalability of the platform that hosts the companys SaaS solution.
- Work as a member of the IT Operations team to build, administer and maintain our 24X7 production environment, staging/development environments and supporting infrastructure
- Collaborate with application engineering teams in solving business needs with provided cloud services.
Required Skills and Experience for the Systems Administrator role:
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in a Systems Administration capacity.
- Experience of maintaining applications running on cloud environments
- Experience administrating Windows Server instances in highly-available environments.
- Web Server administration experience (IIS preferred).
- SQL Server administration experience.
- Strong scripting experience (preferably Powershell, but other scripting languages also considered).
- Understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, routing, load-balancing, SMTP.
Desired Qualities for the Systems Administrator role:
- Familiarity with DevOps concepts such as Infrastructure-As-Code and Configuration Management tools.
- Knowledge of monitoring tools such Prometheus and ELK.
- Knowledge of CIS security standards.
- Experience of Agile / Kanban methodology.
- Ability to have a positive impact on team members and communicate openly and directly to individuals or groups at all levels.
- Interest in embracing DevOps processes and tooling
#SystemsAdministrator #AWS #SQL #DevOps