Support Technician – Level 2
A global leader in their domain by setting the standards of excellence having experienced a growth phase and looking to expand the current team by adding a Level 2 Support Technician. You will be required to respond and resolve software incidents.
- Support PC and peripheral hardware: desktop, laptop, server, smart device.
- Software application installation support.
- Maintain and troubleshoot proprietary database (Quest)
- Monitor Operations production environment: servers, network switches, network routers, daily backups, UPS systems. Communicate problems to Ops Support staff
- Regional escalation point of contact for Global Service Desks to assist with computer applications, hardware, or network-related problems and/or questions.
- Troubleshoot to determine whether problems are hardware, software, or network-related and attempt local resolution.
- If unable to resolve technical problem, co-ordinate to see if system replacement is an option (in the form of Change Request); escalate if necessary; work as liaison point of contact between users and technical analysts in Operations Support and Service Delivery.
- Provide adequate and timely problem resolution or escalation with the time frame defined by the Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Maintain understanding of applications and levels of user proficiency.
- Audit all client desktop and laptop systems within region for standardisation
- Audit all server systems within region for standardisation
- On-call week-end support 6 – 7 times per year
- A computer science degree or in related field
- OR experience as a technician in high-tech industry
- OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Be in office according to local hybrid working guidelines
- Travel to other offices when necessary
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills, both with software applications and hardware equipment: servers, laptops, desktop
- Ability to read, analyse, and interpret complex technical documents
- Ability to lift and move computer and video hardware