SQL Server Developer
About the Role
We are seeking a SQL Server Developer to share our vision to deliver the best possible value from this data. The SQL Server Developer will work within an established Software Development Team to design, implement, improve and maintain databases, database objects and queries. The Developer should have experience in working with SQL Server, T-SQL, SSIS and SSRS.
To apply for the SQL Server Developer Role, please send your CV to Shane.carton(a)solasit.ie or call Shane on 015367384 for more information.
Key Responsibilities for the SQL Server Developer Role:
- Creating database objects utilising T-SQL, such as tables, queries, Stored Procedures, table triggers, indices and constraints, views and user defined functions.
- Creating and maintaining ETL processes utilising SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Creating and maintaining reports utilising SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and Power BI.
- Participating in an Agile Scrum process.
- Providing technical solutions to internal business needs for information and reporting.
- Providing technical support to the various internal departments on all team software.
- Developing new database centric functionality on existing software products.
- Working in conjunction with the Software Development team, to understand core business requirements and to assist in providing required database centric functionality.
Desired Skills & Experience for the SQL Server Developer Role:
- 2+ years’ experience with SQL Server development using T SQL, for tables, queries, Stored Procedures, table triggers, indices and constraints, views and user defined functions.
- Experience working with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) required.
- Experience working with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) required.
- Prior understanding of database performance tuning and optimisation concepts.
- Strong logical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with Power BI Desktop or a similar reporting product an advantage.
- Experience working in an Agile / SCRUM process environment an advantage.
- Experience programming in C# in a .NET environment an advantage.