We are looking for a self-motivated and results driven SQL Developer with a strong SQL Server Development background to support both SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) report development and SQL script writing. This person will be responsible to support, maintain and enhance the suite of SQL reports, and developing SQL scripts to be run against the production database for data patching. They will be comfortable of working in a fast-paced agile environment and will have the ability to work effectively within a cross-disciplinary team.
To apply for the SQL Developer Role, please send your CV to Ryan.wannenburg(a)solasit.ie or call Ryan on 012449531 for more information.
Responsibilities of the SQL Developer Role:
- Develop and maintain customized Reporting at an Enterprise level.
- Contribute to the development lifecycle including requirements, designing, and development of reports and scripts
- Interact with various business customers and team members to ensure reports are fulfilling user requirements, are efficiently designed & easy to support and maintain.
- Write and maintain technical documentation based on business requirements.
- Develop and maintain stored procedures for use in reports.
- Embed reports into .NET applications.
- Development of SQL/T-SQL code for data patching.
- Work with the QA coach on defect prevention and QA delivery.
- Troubleshoot data issues, validate results sets, and perform unit testing.
- Recommend and implement process improvements.
- Provide development estimates on projects and tasks.
Required Skills and Experience for the SQL Developer Role:
- 2+ years of experience in developing Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services reports
- 4+ years of experience in writing moderate to complex SQL/T-CQL stored procedures for MS SQL Server 2012-2016
- Ability to provide design options and recommendations based on experience and best practices for report design.
- Ability to understand complex data-models, working in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working with data warehousing concepts, terminology and architecture.
- Solid understanding of how data changes can impact SQL server replication and triggers
- Self-motivated and driven to succeed with a proactive and solution-focused attitude.
- Ability to remain detail-oriented while working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while paying strict attention to detail.
- 1+ years of experience with a source control product
- 1+ years of Visual Studio experience
- Experience with PowerBI is a plus
If you are interested in learning more about this role and happy to be represented by Solas IT please email me with your CV email@example.com. Alternatively please call me on 00 353 1 2449531