SQL DBA – Dublin
Our client is a Global Leader working in an enterprise level environment offering exciting products to businesses. Their solutions enable businesses to meet the challenges associated with improving the productivity of mobile workforces in real-time. Due to on-going Global success we have an opportunity for a Production Database Administrator to join the existing DBA team.
Excellent Package on offer – Bonus + Pension + Healthcare + Courses/Training
To apply send your CV to ryan.wannenburg(a)solasit.ie or call Ryan on 01 2449531 for more info.
Responsibilities of the SQL DBA role:
- Owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests.
- Fulfilling requests and resolving incidents within SLAs.
- Reviewing service-related reports (e.g. database backups, maintenance, monitoring) on a daily basis to ensure service-related issues are identified and resolved promptly.
- Responding to database related alerts and escalations and working with database engineering to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems.
- Provisioning & maintaining environments in accordance with Architectural guidelines & build standards.
Required Skills & Experience for the SQL DBA role:
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience.
- Database administration experience.
- Knowledge of Database Administration on the MSSQL Server & PostgreSQL platforms operating within on premise & AWS installations.
- Knowledge of fully automated environment provisioning via a CI/CD pipeline for both on-premise & AWS hosted database environments.
- Knowledge of Troubleshooting and resolving database problems in a high transaction OLTP environment.
- Knowledge of Database Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and third-party tools.
- Knowledge of Database operational monitoring & alerting for MSSQL Server & PostgreSQL.
- Knowledge of Backups restores and recovery models.
- Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics.
- Knowledge of SQL Server data stores: row store and column store, optimisations.
- Knowledge of indexes, index management, index design, index optimisations and index statistics.
- Knowledge of SQL Server partitioning and file and filegroup design.
- Knowledge of query and query parallelism in SQL Server.
- Operational experience with installation, configuration & troubleshooting High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MSSQL Server & PostgreSQL environments.
- Experience with Database source control and deployment within a CI/CD (continuous integration / continuous deployment) environment (SVN, CVS, Git, TFS).
- Experience in testing/validating database components.
- Experience with Windows server & clustering.
Preferred Skills & Experience for the SQL DBA role:
- Database administration experience in a large datacentre environment.
- Experience in working as part of a geographically dispersed team.
- Experience with MySQL & PostgreSQL platforms.
If you are interested in learning more about this role and happy to be represented by Solas IT please email me with your CV email@example.com. Alternatively please call me on 00 353 1 2449531