Software Support Engineer – Dublin
My Client is currently seeking a Software Support Engineer to join their growing start-up based in South Dublin. Successful candidates will act as a liaison between customers, developers and the support team making sure that knowledge is shared across all individuals involved.
Responsibilities of the Software Support Engineer role:
- Act as a liaison between customers, Developers and the support team making sure that knowledge is shared across all individuals involved.
- Analyze platform related incidents, research and provide solutions for our B2B customers
- Troubleshoot complex problems in order to provide the best available solution or workaround within agreed service levels
- Document solutions to known issues and product queries
- Develop technical solutions and document in our internal knowledge base
- Liaise with Development and Product teams in order to identify defects and missing product functionality prior to new releases
- Document issues in a CRM system and defects in our engineering tracking tool
- Collaborate with other employees by providing important customer feedback, process‐ improvement suggestions, new troubleshooting tips and other actions that involve improving our product
- Monitor the dashboards and alerts raised for our cloud services
- Review software and systems to identify potential or existing problems
Required Skills and Qualifications for the Software Support Engineer role:
- Computer science degree preferable
- General Programming Skills (C#/.Net knowledge), Microsoft Azure working experience very beneficial
- Cloud working experience (services, networking).
- Analyzing Information, Software Debugging, Software Documentation, Software Testing, Problem Solving, Teamwork, Software Development Fundamentals, Software Development Process.
- Flexibility with working hours: This is a 24/7 support environment. This can be either remote working or on-call.
Preferred Qualities for the Software Engineer role:
- Passionate about learning new concepts and technologies
- Excellent problem solving & analytical ability
- Strong team player and comfortable working on own initiative
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to effectively explain a solution to a customer’s problems
- Strong time management and multi-tasking capabilities