Software Developer and Test
This is an exciting opportunity for a Software Developer to work within a newly established build, test and release team to develop maintain and run automated tests and to drive full test automation and continuous delivery. In this role you will work closely with application development engineers to minimize the test cycle and to design and maintain deployments to various test environments and production.
Responsibilities of the Software Developer and Test Role:
- Design and develop automated tests to speed up testing and minimise test cycle.
- Develop effective re-usable test cases based on organisation’s testing framework.
- Guide application developers in developing and debugging automated tests.
- Share knowledge with the application development team, improve processes and tools and support management of codebase from development to production.
- Collaborate with the application developers to map out the most effective way of testing, including regression cases and validation of new functionality.
- Work with application developers to investigate problems identified by tests and help with validation of the fixes applied.
- Complete exploratory tests occasionally and work with users and application developers to address any issues.
Required Skills and Experience for the Software Developer and Test Role:
- 4+ years’ experience in test automation.
- Experience with any of the test automation frameworks/tools like Visual Studio Testing Framework, MSTest, Selenium WebDriver, and HP QTP.
- Demonstrated knowledge of agile testing principles.
- Experience with test management tools
- Consistent record in working with modern principles relating to code quality, release management, auto testing tools and techniques, version management and change control.
- knowledge in testing Behaviour Driven Development or Test-Driven Development approach.
Desirable Experience for the Software Developer Role:
- ISTQB qualification/certification.
- Prior experience or working knowledge of build pipeline using TFS and PowerShell scripting.
- Working knowledge in Insurance / Financial services or other heavily regulated domains.
- Prior experience in hybrid Waterfall / Agile enterprise environments.