Site Reliability Engineer
My client is a leading provider of software solutions for financial institutions. They work with capital markets along with large investment and corporate banks. They are growing rapidly and as a result of this are looking for an SRE to join their team.
The SRE position is situated in the SaaS Engineering Department and is responsible for developing and running the services and infrastructure for my clients SaaS native product
- Creating and maintaining flexible and robust automated build and deployment solutions
- Analysis of existing processes with a view to incremental improvement
- Automate health monitoring of the production and test systems
- Integrate automation with operational requirements
- Implement monitoring, logging, observability into the platform.
- Involved in developing a highly scalable and mission critical observability platform consisting of metrics, monitoring, and logging systems.
- Investigating performance degradation and resolving issues
- Automation/scripting skills and a desire to automate all the things
- Experience with programming languages such, Python, Typescript, Java
- Experience with AWS infrastructure & cloud native software design
- Familiarity with containerisation tools e.g Docker
- Familiarity with orchestration tools e.g, EC
- Familiarity with serverless technologies e.g AWS Lambda,
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code e.g. Terraform, CloudFormation
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing learning
- Successfully managed technical delivery of a project
- Experience in DevOps, looking for candidates with strong experience in AWS environments.
- Degree or Diploma in Computing or similar related qualification, or equivalent by experience
- AWS Certification an advantage