Site Reliability Engineer – Fully Remote
My Client are currently looking to build out their SRE Team and are looking for an experience ARE Engineer to join their team.
If you’re passionate about system health, observability, auto-scaling, applying best practices in incident management, and often find yourself being the main coordinator during an outage or other system issue, then this could be the role for you.
- Seek out best practices in incident management and the benefits of an SRE mindset across Engineering and Operations.
- Assist engineering teams in developing monitoring dashboards for all production systems;
- Establish a new framework for incident management within the organisation;
- Participate in the improvements happening across the organisation as it moves towards high performance capabilities;
- Play a role in the production release process, ensuring the definition of done has been met;
- Contribute to system architecture and design sessions to ensure that all system improvements adhere to SRE best practices.
- 4+ years’ previous experience in site reliability
- Experience in 24/7 monitoring of distributed systems
- Knowledge of microservices architecture in a cloud-based environment (AWS or similar)
- Knowledge of mobile technologies – iOS/ Android
- Ambitious and driven with a desire to progress technically
- Demonstrable ability to troubleshoot technical issues
- Must be able to work in a process driven environment, but show initiative when there are process gaps
- Good understanding of Information Security controls
- Good knowledge of CI/CD deployment strategies
- Demonstrable understanding of networking topologies
- Firewall- Cisco ASA
- OS knowledge- Windows, MacOS, Linux
- Scripting- Powershell, Terraform
If you are interested in learning more about this role and happy to be represented by Solas IT please email me with your CV firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively please call me on 00 353 1 5367381