Senior System Administrator
This is a great opportunity for a Senior Systems Administrator, currently in the process of moving to Azure and the Systems Administrator will play a key role during this process. The role will involve both infrastructure and Desktop Support. To be considered you will need to be located within Dublin, a Hybrid policy is in place with flexibility to work from home 2 days per week and 3 days in the office. The Senior System Administrator will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the system administration area of the business, installation, configuration, maintenance, operations and security of enterprise information systems.
- Install, configure and maintain servers, server operating systems, networked data storage, network application software, data communications devices, cloud systems, monitoring systems, laptops, VPN, etc.
- Implement, maintain, and update security measures to ensure the integrity of data resources and prevent unauthorized access to network systems.
- Implement backup and disaster recovery systems and develop procedures to ensure reliability of data resources and recovery in the event of a catastrophic event.
- Diagnose and resolve problems with the existing information systems, network, applications and peripheral devices as reported by administrative users.
- Evaluate information system requirements and develop hardware/network solutions to provide the required services.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience;
- Networks, firewalls, routers, switches, hubs, wireless access points, etc.
- Azure or AWS
- Virtual server backup technologies (e.g. vRanger, Veeam, Rubrik)
- Networking knowledge (IP, DNS, etc.)
- Server operating systems: Windows Server 2013 onwards
- Windows desktop Support
- Hardware & software asset management
- Remote support, VPN security
- Development and documentation of procedure & processes
- Network authentication and security, Active Directory.
- Network management.
- Windows server administration.
- File servers;
- Disaster recovery solutions ;
- FTP, SFTP, SSH;
- SAN Storage experience.