Senior (Lead) .Net Developer
We have an exceptional opportunity for a Senior .Net/Lead Developer for a company that has developed advanced patented technology for their industry leading by example.
They are looking for a highly motivated experienced .NET/Lead developer who wants to move their career onto the next level. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who wants to have a serious impact in their new role. They will be joining the company at just the right time and will have a key role in helping to grow and mentor the development team. If you are a Senior .Net Developer and have Project Lead experience and want to move into a Lead .Net Developer position you will certainly be considered.
Responsibilities of the Senior/Lead .Net Developer:
- Development of new customer facing MVC applications using a service-based architecture, utilising Web API and WCF
- Port legacy applications to the .Net platform using the very latest proven technologies
- Familiarise yourself with, and maintain and enhance the current product suite which is comprised of .NET Web API and WCF service-based client and web applications
- Work closely with the development manager and UX team to break requirements down into projects and development tasks
- Mentor junior team members
Requirements for the Senior/Lead .Net Developer role:
- 5+ years’ .NET development experience
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or similar
- Experience of all stages of the SDLC
- 4+ years’ experience developing and consuming backend web services using SOAP and REST
- A deep understanding of database design best principles and practises
- .NET / C# including Webforms, ASP.NET MVC5, WPF, WCF
- Web services – SOAP, RESTful
- Databases – SQL Server, MySQL
- Web development tools – HTML5, CSS3, jQuery, jQuery UI, SaaS, LESS
- O/RM Frameworks – nHibernate, Entity Framework
- Distributed version control software – Git, Mercurial
- Experience writing and maintaining unit tests, and the various frameworks and tools used – nUnit, MsTest, rhinoMocks, Moq.
- Automated testing tools – Selenium, Sahi
- Build tools and frameworks – Powershell, Nant, CI Frameworks (Jenkins, TeamCity)
- Experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies
- Experience using JIRA
Desirable but not essential from the Senior/Lead .Net Developer:
- Any project management or project lead experience
- Any professional experience using Xamarin or WPF
- A deep understanding of HTML5 and CSS3, including SASS and LESS, to hand craft responsive UIs based on the UX team’s directions.
You will have a fantastic opportunity to progress and grow in a fast-moving expanding company. As you are joining a small development team you will be working on all aspects of the existing and new products, exposing you to a large range of technologies and platforms. This will allow you to rapidly grow your skill set.
If you are interested in learning more about this role and happy to be represented by Solas IT please email me with your CV email@example.com. Alternatively please call me on 00 353 1 2449531