Senior Java Developer – Dublin
Description of the Role
My Client is seeking a Senior Java Developer with strong analytical and technical ability and a minimum of +5 years’ experience in Core Java, Java EE. Very desirable to have experience with one or more of JasperReports Library, MongoDB, Impala. Able to work independently, excellent communication skills and ability to lead a team across multiple time zones.
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Java Developer Role:
Candidate should be hands on and have a strong analytical and technical ability with a minimum of 5 years of experience in Core Java, Java EE, JasperReports Library, MongoDB, Impala, Database (DB2/Oracle). The candidate will primarily work on enhancing the reporting platform and building new report capabilities.
Strong communication skills are a key. The candidate will be required to manage day-to-day delivery of work, ensure adherence to process and quality, and identify project/program delivery risks and work on risk mitigation. Requires good analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex material from multiple sources and applies skills and knowledge of the business to develop creative solutions to meet client and business needs. The candidate will be required to work with complex and variable issues with substantial potential impact, weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting needs.
Required Knowledge & Experience for the Senior Java Developer Role:
- Experience in Core Java, J2EE technologies and UI development Experience with designing reports using JasperReports Library desirable but not a must.
- Database experience and familiarity with JDBC required.
- Self-starter who is a quick learner of new tools and technologies.
- Ability to work both independently, with other team members, and across teams.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment where priority changes occur often.
- Able to work in a multi-cultural / multi-time zone environment. Experience with all aspects of the SDLC.
Preferred Skills for the Senior Java Developer Role:
- Substantial experience in Core Java, Java EE, Experience with enterprise reporting systems.
- Experience in working on multiple technologies and medium to complex systems, well versed with design standards & framework
- Quick learner of new tools and technologies.
- Able to work with distributed teams across multiple time zones.
- Technologies required – Core Java, Java EE, Multithreading/Concurrency, Web Services, RESTful Development , JSP, Servlets, and JSON,
- Backend Tomcat
- Tools – Well versed with Eclipse or IDEA; Test Driven development and automated testing tools like JUnit, Cucumber/Gherkins; JIRA, Maven, Sonar
- Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Able to research and solve complex technical issues in a timely manner
- Able to work as a strong team player and individual contributor in a distributed team, withthe ability to mentor junior team members where necessary.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
If you are interested in learning more about this role and happy to be represented by Solas IT please email me with your CV email@example.com. Alternatively please call me on 00 353 1 5367388