Senior IT Project Engineer – Microsoft
About the Role
My client is an advanced, award-winning IT Services and Software Development company that helps clients achieve their greatest potential using the power of technology. They provide outstanding career development and help each staff member to map their career paths within the company. The successful candidate will work on a broad range of projects and technologies with an Azure cloud focus.
Apply for the Senior IT Project Engineer above or contact John Egan for more information.
Responsibilities of the Senior IT Project Engineer Role:
- Deployment and configuration of Microsoft Azure Cloud Solutions and associated migration of customers to the platform.
- Rollout and configuration of Microsoft 365 services.
- Microsoft Exchange and Office 365 skills.
- Networking know-how – Switching Configuration, vLANs and basic routing.
- Deployment, configuration and management of backup solutions.
- Firewall deployments, including advanced security features such as DPI SSL and Gateway AV.
- Participation in evaluating new products, services, processes and technologies to meet the objectives for each site.
- Additional projects as required such as preparing systems, user documentation and testing.
Required Skills and Experience for the Senior IT Project Engineer Role:
- 5+ years’ experience with server migrations in a Microsoft environment.
- 3rd Level Qualification in an IT related Discipline
- 2+ years’ experience working with Microsoft Azure
- Strong networking experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL server
- 2+ years’ experience of working with Office 365 migrations
- Storage systems experience
- Great virtualisation experience
- Experience working with ConnectWise Manage/Automate desirable