My client is one of the leading providers of Financial Services in Ireland. They are currently on the lookout for a Development Manager to join their team.
To apply for the Development Manager role, please send your CV to Helen.gillbanks(a)solasit.ie or call Helen on 01 5367388 for more information.
Responsibilities of the Development Manager Role:
- Leading a well-formed team of c10 developers, responsible for the end to end process of delivery and support of the applications and services within their sub-domain area.
- Planning and co-ordinating design, development, test, and implementation processes and teams within their sub-domain
- Post Go-Live, owns all IT application maintenance, support, and Fix on Fail activities for their sub-domain applications and services
- Reports and liaises with the Domain lead to resolve internal Domain resource scheduling or delivery prioritisation issues
- Ensures resource demand forecasts are clear and accurate within their sub-Domain
- Relays resource demand forecasts to Domain lead for Domain- level resource utilisation planning
- Ensures performance and capability management duties are performed.
- Team Management (KPIs, objectives, skills, performance reviews)
- Demand & priority mgt.
- Resource/capacity planning.
- Risk Management.
- Platform Management Inc. compatibility with 3rd party application software
- Responsible for liaising with relevant domain Business counterparts in context of sub-domain IT activities.
- Production of information and reports to Change PMO, Business stakeholders.
- Acts as point of escalation for allocated resources.
- Co-ordination and management of assigned resources (PM’s, SA’s, Technical analysts, Devs, Testers, Sys Admins etc.)
- Use of development best practice.
- Compliance with QA, Test & release Strategy & processes
Knowledge and Experience Required for the Development Manager Role:
- 7 – 10 Years’ experience within a similar environment.
- Relevant third level qualification or professional equivalent.
- Will have a comprehensive awareness of organisational / own functional objectives and how these link to and are influenced by broader external factors.
- Proven track record in people management.
- Must have a very flexible approach to work and be confident working in a fast moving, exciting environment.
- Supports departmental strategy and its implantation whilst providing input based on area of expertise. Will work across the teams and develop and coach direct reports.
If you are interested in learning more about this role and happy to be represented by Solas IT please email me with your CV firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively please call me on 00 353 1 5367388