My client is one of the country’s major software development organisations who employs a wide range of technologies providing consultancy and leading-edge software solutions to a verity of clients in the insurance, healthcare, retail and public sector markets. They are currently seeking a Release Co-Ordinator to join their team. The successful candidate will be responsible for planning, scheduling and controlling a software build.
Apply for the Release Co-Ordinator role above or contact John Egan for more information.
Responsibilities of the Release Co-Ordinator role:
- Prepare release builds in Java and Control-M and build new projects before a release.
- Support multiple project teams and codebases to enable the deployment of application releases to control test and production environments.
- Verify that releases are deployed correctly and monitor code migration between environments.
- Monitor JIRA to track and maintain the status of all scheduled releases.
- Create planned and emergency release builds and implementation plans.
- Provide team with issues and resolution steps taken during Monthly Enterprise release weekends.
- Work with Change Management to ensure Change Tickets (ServiceNow) are correct and have the required paperwork in place.
- Submit release builds for monthly security scanning (Veracode and Qualys).
- Improve the process of building and deploying artefacts to test and production environments (automate builds and scans).
- Adhere to and promote internal information security policies and procedures.
- Support software configuration management policies and procedures
Required Skills and Experience for the Release Co-Ordinator role:
- Git and Git branches
- Unix and/or Linux platforms
- Mobile app deployment (Apple & Android)
Desirable Skills and Experience for the Release Co-Ordinator role:
- Experience in SDLC methodologies/software development/release/process and configuration management
- Experience in Java or Control-M programming desired but not essential
- May need to be flexible in respect of work hours:
- May require some late evenings to prepare builds/implementation plans/ Change Tickets
- Support Monthly Enterprise releases which involves working one Sunday in four approx. (Time in lieu will be given for supporting Monthly releases)
- Excellent interpersonal and organisation skills including attention to detail
- Ability to communicate to both dev and management
- Third level IT or related qualification
- Articulate, confident, self-starter
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Innovative problem solver
#ReleaseCoOrdinator #Java #Mobile #Android #Unix #Linux #Git