We are seeking an experienced Release Co-Ordinator for a contract position at our development office in Cork. The Release Co-Ordinator will manage the process of planning, scheduling and controlling a software build through different stages and environments; including coordinating with the deployment teams to ensure successful implementation.
- Prepare release builds in Java and Angular and build new projects before a release.
- Support multiple project teams and codebases to enable the deployment of application releases to controlled test and production environments.
- Verify that releases are deployed correctly and monitor code migration between environments.
- Monitor JIRA to track and maintain the status of all scheduled releases.
- Create planned and emergency release builds and implementation plans.
- Provide team with issues and resolution steps taken during Monthly Enterprise release weekends.
- Work with Change Management to ensure Change Tickets (ServiceNow) are correct and have the required paperwork in place.
- Submit release builds for monthly security scanning (Snyk and Checkmarx).
- Improve the process of building and deploying artefacts to test and production environments (automate builds and scans).
- Adhere to and promote internal information security policies and procedures.
- Support software configuration management policies and procedures.
- Support intake of production support MBP JIRAs and incidents
- Work with BAs and development to provide LOEs for monthly release packages
- Work with BAs and development to improve the production support process
- Attend meetings with business to discuss the availability of resources for monthly packages
- Experience working with the following are essential:
- Git and Git branches
- Unix and/or Linux platforms
- Experience working with the following are desired but not essential:
- Experience in SDLC methodologies/software development/release/process and configuration management
- Experience in Java, Python and Angular programming desired but not essential
- May need to be flexible in respect of work hours:
- May require some late evenings to prepare builds/implementation plans/ Change Tickets
- Support Monthly Enterprise releases which involves working one Sunday in four approx. (Time in lieu will be given for supporting Monthly releases)
- Excellent interpersonal and organisation skills including attention to detail
- Ability to communicate to both dev and management
- Third level IT or related qualification
- Articulate, confident, self-starter
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Innovative problem solver
- Please note this is a daily rate contract role. Candidates who apply must hold a Stamp 4 visa or EU Citizenship in advance of application for this role. sponsorship is not provided for this role.