Quality Assurance Test Engineer
Our client is one of the country’s largest software development organisations that provides consultancy and leading-edge software solutions for a wide variety of US, EU and UK based clients in the insurance, healthcare, retail, and public sector markets. They are seeking an experienced QA/Test Engineer to join their growing QA team in Cork.
Apply for the Quality Assurance Test Engineer Role above or contact John Egan for more information.
Responsibilities of the
- Develop an understanding of client business terminology practice and procedures within a reasonable timeframe.
- Develop knowledge of the client’s business model to assist in Requirement validation.
- Review specification documents so that accurate and comprehensive test plans and test cases can be created.
- Provide guidance about functionality and quality in relation to the testing approach.
- Test complex areas of application(s) and use business knowledge to determine if functionality is correct.
- Liaise with Business Analysts/Business Users if requirements are unclear.
- Execute Test plans and Regression Test plans within agreed timescales and standards.
- Investigate and document defects in a defect-tracking system and verify resolution to ensure prompt closure of all defects.
- Ensure that all assigned QA tasks are run to agreed schedule and to an acceptable level of quality.
- Contribute to the creation of functional, regression, performance and load/stress test suites and adhere to the test methodologies used within the company.
- Manage priorities and set expectations when faced with multiple demanding tasks.
Required Skills & Experience for the Quality Assurance Test Engineer Role:
- Must have 4+ cumulative years of Software Test experience.
- Technical degree or equivalent experience.
- Strong testing background expected with experience writing test plans and test procedures.
- Experience in the use of Defect Tracking tools like Microsoft TFS, HP ALM or Jira.
- Experience testing business / enterprise applications.
- Experience and working knowledge of SQL Server and T-SQL.
- Experience with Test Automation Tools, Visual Studio Team System (Test Edition), Selenium (WebDriver) or similar tools
- Experience of structured testing methods and techniques
- Working knowledge.Net and/or Java advantageous.