My client recognised as a global leader in their space have partnered with Solas in their search for a talented QA Tester on an initial 6-month contract due to an increase in workload. This is a fantastic opportunity to get your foot in the door with one the world’s leading companies working in the airline industry with a high likelihood of extension.
Responsibilities of the QA Tester Role:
- Automated testing of user interface, write moderately complex code/scripts to test systems
- Help define and evolve best practice QA processes and procedures, particularly relating to automation.
- Plan, design and execute test suites and scripts, taking product requirements and design documentation as input
- Implementation of quality metrics to drive reduction of critical production incidents
- Work closely with developers
Required Skills and Experience for the QA Tester Role:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Strong knowledge of test methodologies, writing test plans, creating test cases and debugging
- Master black/white box testing, integration testing, automatic testing, stress/load testing and security testing
- Experience with Jira
- Experience with test management tools such as Bugzilla or TestRail.
- Fully understanding of software test lifecycle
- Some Experience working in an agile environment
- Familiar with Appium or WebDriver
- Strong understanding of version control systems (SVN, Git)
- Experience with test automation tools (Selenium or other tools)
- Continuous Integration experience – Jenkins or similar