Network Team Lead – 12-month Contract
My client is one of the leading providers of Financial Services in Ireland. They are currently on the lookout for an experienced Network Team Lead to join their team based in Dublin 2 on a 12-month contract. The successful candidate will lead a well-established team responsible for the design, deployment, maintenance and administration of networking technologies. The ideal candidate will be able to manage and control a number of delivery streams working with multiple stakeholders.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintaining and administering computer networks and related computing environments including systems software, applications software, hardware, and configurations.
- Performing disaster recovery operations and data backups when required.
- Protecting data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning and implementing network security measures.
- Provide mentoring and support to other network team members and complete the day-to-day management responsibilities requisite with the role
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, and other network and system problems.
- Replacing faulty network hardware components when required.
- Maintaining, configuring, and monitoring virus protection software and email applications.
- Monitoring network performance to determine if adjustments need to be made.
- Conferring with network users about solving existing system problems.
- Coordinating computer network access and use.
- Designing, configuring and testing networking software, computer hardware, and operating system software.
- Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection.
- Management of External Email Gateway
- Network security experience.
- LAN and WAN experience.
- WLC Experience
Knowledge, Education & Experience:
- The successful candidate must have 5-7 years’ experience within a similar complex environment and the mentioned technology domains
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware.
- The ability to lead and manage the dynamic priorities of a team, to deadlines and on own initiative.
- Ability to implement, administer and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewall, routers, switches, controllers.
- Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
- Cisco Qualifications: CCNP (Essential) >3 years relevant experience at CCNP level
- Experience of Palo Alto Firewalls very beneficial (Certification desirable)
- Must have strong experience with CISCO WLC and ISE
- Relevant third level qualification or professional equivalent.
- Strong communication skills with an ability to deal with all levels in a confident and professional manner.
If you are interested in learning more about this role and happy to be represented by Solas IT please email me with your CV firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively please call me on 00 353 1 5367388