Network Cloud Engineer – 6-month contract
Network Cloud Engineer – 6-month contract – up to €550 per day
My client is a global leader in their domain by setting the standards of excellence having experienced a growth phase, is looking for a talented Network Cloud Engineer to join the Enterprise Networking Team based in Dublin 2 on an initial 6 month contract. This challenging role requires extensive knowledge of current and legacy networking technologies, cloud networking solutions, efficient and effective troubleshooting skills, performance analysis proficiency, and the ability to demonstrate operational excellency.
- Engineer communication solutions bases on industry best practices and standards that will allow for successful implementation and operation of approved cloud and on-prem network architectures.
- Participate in architectural related research and analysis to identify and understand the needs of our clients global on-prem and cloud networks.
- Participate in short and long-term strategic planning exercises to ensure network architectures, capacity, and funding meet existing and future on-prem and cloud connectivity needs.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network technology procurement and development efforts.
- Assist with the development of network focused strategies in collaboration with team peers and technical leadership.
- Develop, document, make recommendations, and communicate plans for investing in network technologies, including analysis of cost reduction opportunities.
- Provide engineering and technical guidance for networking solutions, product plans, and roadmaps to various cross-functional teams.
- Take ownership and solution operational related support on-demand.
- Create and maintain documentation related to network architecture, device configuration, implementation processes, and service connectivity.
- 20% of time and effort will be spent architecting network solutions, research, and development for cloud infrastructure and on-prem implementation, 50% of time will be focused on engineering related efforts, and 30% will be spent on Operational activities, support, and monitoring.
- 5+ years of experience in Information Technology comprised of Enterprise level Network Engineering
- 5+ years with Monitoring and Alerting, Troubleshooting, Root Cause Analysis and Operational Process development and control
- 5+ years of solid experience working with internetworking routing protocols and technologies with ability to engineer globally scaled solutions using BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, DMVPN, MPLS, NHRP, HSRP, SD-WAN, IPv6, Layer 2 protocols, other.
- 5+ years’ experience in network performance analysis, pcap analysis, troubleshooting complex routing architectures, connectivity failures, and application performance.
- 2+ of implementation and management across Cloud, Hybrid and On-prem infrastructure
- 2+ years hands-on network architecting and engineering in the AWS ecosystem to include complex, global solutions. AWS Virtual Private Networks using, Direct Connect and Direct Connect Gateway, Transit Gateway, Gateway Load Balancer and Privatelink
- 4+ years of DNS architecting and infrastructure deployment on a global scale across various platforms including R53 and Active Directory.
- 2+ years of cloud Infrastructure as Code, deploying using AWS Cloud Formation, Terraform, orchestration and other DevOps practices.
- 2+ years source code management solutions such as AWS CodeCommit and Git
- Understanding of legacy data centers, planning needs, service provider relationship management, geographical redundancy
- Successful track record of engineering solutions for high availability, 24/7/365 network infrastructures
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Off-hours accessible when required.
- AWS Market place products including Cisco Cloud Service Routers, and Cloud Next Generation Firewalls
- Experience with Palo Alto products, NGFW, Global Protect, Cloud NGFW, PAN-OS
- Experience in Git, DevOps, IaC, and agile frameworks and philosophies
- General knowledge of VMWare environments, storage technologies, Windows, and Linux operating systems
- Industry Certifications: CCNP, AWS Network Specialty and/or Solution Architect certification, Palo Alto Certified Network Administrator/Engineer
If you are interested in learning more about this role and happy to be represented by Solas IT please email me with your CV firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively please call me on 00 353 1 5367388