. Net Software Engineer – Dublin City Centre or full-time work from home – remote
My client a boutique travel company-based in the heart of Dublin city center(this role can be fully remote for the right candidate – however the first month – training will be in the Dublin office ) . They are seeking an experienced Software Engineer to help drive their digital platform. This is a great opportunity to join a friendly and growing company who is looking to strengthen their digital capabilities.
Working as a stand-alone developer in an initial team of 8 employees you will work on the existing platform which hasn’t been operational since pre covid. As my client is a travel company their operations shut for some time and as a result, they are seeking a bright and motivated developer who can rise to the challenge of restarting the platform and in time redeveloping, innovating and integrating the platform which could be seen as the heart of the business. Online tutorials and assistance from developers familiar with the platform will be provided, however you must be a self-starter and willing to persevere to bring the platform back to full operational level and think beyond (innovation and extra features)
- Work closely with the development and product team to design, build, modify, and support existing and future business products.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to gather and refine requirements.
- Develop solutions to meet stakeholder specifications.
- Deliver new features daily
- Third level degree in IT or similar
- 1 – 5 years’ development experience is essential
- Excellent knowledge of programming and OOD concepts
- You must have working experience C# / .Net and an interest in Java –( some UI and payments system wrote in Java- Java is not required but an interest in Java is )
- Knowledge of both Windows and Linux environments
- Good understanding of networking and hosting (AWS experience preferable)
- Have knowledge of Relational Databases (PostgreSQL, SQL Server, or MySQL) and SQL
- A strong desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Have knowledge of and interest in Web Development
- Must have the ability to write clear, concise, and commented code
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Happy to work as a “Stand Alone “ developer
- Ability to prioritise and work to strict deadlines
- Personal and professional credibility
- Excellent organisational skills
- A positive “can do” team attitude is essential
- Staff Travel Perks
- Huge flexibility in summer hours
- Ability to take some summer months as additional unpaid leave on top of holidays.
- Supplier Hosted Events
- Free Travel Insurance Annually
- Annual leave with additional based on Service loyalty
- Tax Saver Commuter tickets
- Team Rewards