.Net Software Development Engineer
Apply for the Software Development Engineer Role above or contract John Egan for more information.
Responsibilities of the Software Development Engineer Role:
- Design, code, test and document particularly large, complex or mission critical programs
- Working with the Business Analysts to understand product requirements, and providing technical feedback
- Researching technical solutions to the requirements, and developing working prototypes when necessary
- Translating product requirements into technical designs and solutions
- Apply available standards, methods and tools in an intelligent and effective way.
- Specify information flows, processes/procedures, and data objects that will meet the business requirements
- Assist colleagues/clients/users in defining acceptance tests
- Be part of a structured review of work produced by the development team.
Required Skills and Experience for the Software Development Engineer Role:
- 3+ years relevant experience in software development
- Degree in Computer Engineering or related discipline
- Good understanding of Relational databases including Microsoft SQL Server
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming
- Good understanding of Unit testing
- Experience working with Microsoft Visual Studio and Microsoft Internet Information Services
- Source/Version Control experience – Preferably TFS
- Ability to work in a team and collaborate with other company departments
- Ability to engender trust and credibility both internally and externally
- Insurance Technology or FinTech industry experience an advantage
- Knowledge of Azure an advantage