My Client are a SAAS company who are looking to expand their Development team. You will be working with technical leads and will be hands-on with software delivery within an agile team working in a highly collaborative manner with technical leads, architects, business analysts and scrum masters. As a software engineer, you will primarily be responsible for converting customer requirements into high-quality code.
- Collaborate effectively with our business analysts, scrum masters and technical leads to assist in the planning, designing, development, testing, and maintenance of our client’s web-based applications.
- Development of client application features with minimal supervision or guidance.
- Providing realistic estimates of development effort to assist in team planning.
- Assisting with the production of solution design documentation in line with company standards.
- Participate actively and contribute to peer-to-peer code reviews.
- Adopt our code quality processes and ensure they are used when producing code.
- Perform 3rd line support diagnosing and resolving technical engineering issues, as required.
- Provide assistance to quality engineers and support personnel as needed to troubleshoot production issues.
- Experience in any of the following areas would be an advantage; Mobile, Augmented Reality (HoloLens), Virtual Reality, IoT, Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning, Data Analytics and Data Warehousing.
- Experience (2-5 years) with object-oriented design and implementation techniques such as Test Driven development, Enterprise implementation patterns and SOLID principles.
- Good understanding of object-oriented and service-oriented application development techniques and theories
- Experience with debugging, performance profiling and application optimization.
- Exposure to building and managing distributed web systems.
- Experience with source control management systems and continuous integration/delivery environments.
- Experience with agile development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban) and automated testing.
- Database design and implementation on both relational and non-relational platforms.
If you are interested in learning more about this role and happy to be represented by Solas IT please email me with your CV firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively please call me on 00 353 1 5367381