Junior Automation / SDET
My Client possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures of Software Quality Testing. They are currently seeking an SDET to drive quality and non-functional testing across the technology organisation.
Responsibilities of the Junior Automation / SDET Role:
- Is a member of the non-functional test team performing and assisting with automation/load & performance testing.
- Developing back-end (API, Service) and front end (Web UI) automation using automated tools.
- Build out automation frameworks to help integrate automated tests seamlessly into the current Development process and earlier in the SDLC
- Contribute to automated test suites based on acceptance criteria, maintain tests; track outcomes, and monitor for inconsistent results.
- On-going automation of manual tests and subsequent integration into automated regression test suites.
- Provides support for the production readiness evaluation process which includes developing automated Post Deployment Testing.
- Participates in the post implementation reviews. Makes improvement suggestions and implements lessons learned.
Required Skills and Experience for the Junior Automation / SDET Role:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related discipline OR typically 1 to 2 years’ experience in QC or Development role
- Good understanding of QC processes and the Software Development LifeCycle (SDLC)
- Strong grasp of computer science fundamentals, algorithms, and data structures.
- Knowledge of SQL Databases
- Knowledge of Event and HTTP Architectures
- Experience working with REST API
- Knowledge of API/UI performance testing tools; load runner cloud, jmeter, gatling, locust, any other related tool.
- Understanding of the inverse pyramid of automation (Unit, Integration/Mid-Level and Acceptance Tests)
- Must be able to work directly with the scrum teams to determine the health of a feature and clearly communicate the health to others.
- Good oral and written communications, an ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding.
Desired Skills for the Junior Automation / SDET Role:
- Formal training in SQA methods e.g. ISTQB training
- Is proficient in the use of some of the supported Automation Tool suites
- Agile and DevOps experience including CI/CD
#Windows O/S #Browser compatibility #GIT #Azure #Oracle # SQL #UNIX/LINUX #C# #API #Rest