My client is on the lookout for a Java Developer to join their team. As a Java Developer on the Innovation Hub Delivery team, you will be part of a small team of developers and a lead who will be supporting online and mobile applications within the company.
To apply for the Java Developer Role, please send your CV to Helen.gillbanks(a)solasit.ie or call Helen on 01 5367388 for more information.
Key Duties and Responsibilities of the Java Developer Role:
- Design and build high quality robust software for online and mobile banking applications.
- Work closely with the business to refine requirements.
- Contribute to the evolution of the overall technical architecture.
- Work with QA to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Evaluate 3rd party technology and tools, as required.
- Unit test all code prior to release ensuring quality solutions are delivered and support is provided on delivered code when necessary.
- On-going enhancement of software development life-cycle and software engineering best practices.
- Performance Testing/Monitoring.
- Document Solutions.
Knowledge and Experience Required for the Java Developer Role:
- 4+ years of experience in the complete software development life cycle with Java, using open source frameworks and tools (Spring, Hibernate, Apache, Tomcat, MySQL, JMS, ESB, Oracle, JBOSS).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent professional experience.
- Clean coding and refactoring skills with excellent problem-solving ability.
- API development using Spring Boot.
- Knowledge of design patterns.
- Experience of database concepts and implementation, strong SQL skills and performance tuning.
- Worked within Agile development teams.
- Continuous Integration using Jenkins or Bamboo.
- Web Development experience using frameworks like Spring MVC or JSF is a plus.
- Source control knowledge of GIT.
- Working Knowledge of Web Service protocols (REST and SOAP). Knowledge of build tools such as Maven, Ant or Gradle.
Required Skills and Abilities for the Java Developer Role:
- Excellent trouble-shooter with strong attention to detail.
- Considerable experience in the complete software development life cycle with Java, using open source frameworks and tools (Spring, Hibernate, Apache, Tomcat, MySQL, JMS, ESB, Oracle, JBOSS).
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced work environment.
- Proven team player.
If you are interested in learning more about this role and happy to be represented by Solas IT please email me with your CV email@example.com. Alternatively please call me on 00 353 1 5367388