IT Support Engineer
My client has an opportunity for an IT Support Engineer to join their team based in Westport, Co Mayo. The role will involve working closely with the Head of IT completing technical tasks that support and are essential to the efficient & smooth operation of the company.
- Under the guidance of the Head of IT, assist the I.T Department with completion of daily tasks that support the delivery of a smooth service to our internal team & external customers.
- Act as the first point of contact for low level I.T queries & issues, acting as a support desk, having sole responsibility for documenting and logging IT Support Queries. Solving with/without assistance.
- Provide hands on technical assistance for all low-level IT Hardware including but not limited to PC’s, laptop, and scanners, printers’ issues etc. under the guidance of Head of IT.
- Provide technical assistance for all organisation IT Software where required, including but not limited to Microsoft Office, Antivirus Software and some third-party software, including Syscom ERP and Work Ticketing Software. Training will be provided where appropriate.
- Support with the creation & development of IT SOP documentation.
- Support Head of IT with proactively monitoring server use and performance, participate in the development of disaster recovery processes and procedures, and carry out relevant testing as required.
- Set up PC’s/ laptops/ phones for new starters & ceasing details of leavers.
- Support various departments by coaching and advising internal customers on best practice IT procedures, e.g. data storage, data /system security, passwords, best practice use etc.
- Communicate & liaise with third-party Vendor/Contractors where required.
- Maintain strict confidentiality with regard to all sensitive data handled and maintain GDPR compliance.
- A Qualification in an Information Technology related discipline or equivalent required.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills are critical in supporting our network of 3 locations.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Basic experience in network administration and desktop support is desirable.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft office, windows OS, Mac OS.
- Knowledge of Windows Server and Active Directory would be an advantage.
- Experience in eCommerce initiatives would be an advantage.
- Problem solver who is confident in ability & solution focused.
- Organised, enthusiastic, forward thinking and willing to get involved in all aspects of I.T
- A resilient self-starter who is capable of working in busy environment and handling multiple tasks.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality is essential.
**This is a Full-Time position Monday-Friday based in our Head office, Westport, Co Mayo. The role will involve some travel so applicants must have a full clean driving license
If you are interested in learning more about this role and happy to be represented by Solas IT please email me with your CV firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively please call me on 00 353 1 5367381