IT Risk Specialist – 12-month FTC
My client is one of the leading providers of Financial Services in Ireland. They are currently on the lookout for an IT Risk Specialist to join their team based in Dublin 2 on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract. This position will be responsible for providing specialist guidance on ICT’s compliance with Information Technology Regulatory Environment. The successful candidate will assist with providing a best practice risk management platform to ICT and enable the department to deliver its strategic objectives and maximise sustainable value.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform an analysis of Industry Regulations (GDPR, EBA guidelines) to develop a framework that matures the understanding of IT and Business Application Ownership
- Perform a gap analysis of existing policies and procedures against the framework and agree action plans with application owners
- Update associated RACIs and SLAs between ICT and Business Units
Information (Data) Management
- Perform an analysis of Industry Regulations (GDPR, EBA guidelines) to develop a framework that outlines ICT’s obligations for the management of data on its systems
- Perform a gap analysis of existing policies and procedures against the framework and agree action plans with ICT teams to address and gaps identified
- Develop a methodology and process for measuring ICT’s compliance with the framework
ICT Compliance and Governance
- Establish processes and governance structures (ideally through pre-existing fora) to oversee ICT’s process effectiveness and compliance with key controls implemented to adhere with regulatory requirements.
- Track action plans for process improvements with owners and provide status update reports to Senior Management
- Establish key risk and performance indicators for Senior Management
Knowledge, Education & Experience:
- 5+ years’ experience in Banking/Financial sector with knowledge of regulations specifically in Retail Banking.
- Experience in Risk Management or a similar Control discipline a distinct advantage.
- Experience working in a Compliance function, specifically GDPR, also a distinct advantage
- Experience and knowledge of IT platforms and systems.
- Knowledge of IT delivery within the Financial Services industry.
- Relevant 3rd level qualification desirable.
- Previous experience Banking & IT Operations is highly desirable
- Knowledge of relevant COBIT5 frameworks
- Knowledge of the regulatory environment governing the banking sector such as PSD2, Consumer Protection Code (with specific focus on error handling), GDPR.
- Knowledge of the regulatory environment governing IT in banking such as EBA guidelines
- Results orientated – sets and accomplishes challenging goals.
- Proficiency in a suite of MS office products – Excel and Powerpoint essential.
If you are interested in learning more about this role and happy to be represented by Solas IT please email me with your CV firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively please call me on 00 353 1 5367388