IT Operations Engineer
My client is a Global Fintech company with over 900 employees. They are currently seeking to hire an experienced IT Operations Engineer.
The ideal candidate will have a real passion for technology and be comfortable working on a changing technology platform as well as being willing to bring a fresh approach.
As an operations engineer, you will manage the availability and scalability of the client’s internal core application deployments. This role requires a person with knowledge of ASP.NET Web applications and operating an IIS hosting environment.
- Manage the availability and performance of internal deployments, demos/training, and partner environments.
- You will work with the DevOps team, providing input and guidance into the CI/CD pipeline and requirements for the deployment framework.
- You will be involved in optimizing deployed web applications.
- Maintenance tasks on IIS Web Applications, MSSQL/Oracle Database, Java services, and Elasticsearch.
- You will work with the IT Team to maintain server uptime, and provide monitoring solutions
- You will work with the product support team to diagnose and resolve issues.
- You will be the subject matter expert in operational environments and provide guidance to the customer support team when dealing with new client deployments.
- Create and maintain technical documentation and associated artifacts.
- Product installation in test and client environments.
- 3+ years of experience with a similar role.
- Knowledge of Windows Server administration with a focus on IIS.
- Above basic scripting skills (particularly PowerShell).
- Knowledge of deployment and administration of ASP.NET Web Applications.
- Experience or knowledge of Web Servers, e.g. IIS, Apache, etc.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills.
- Degree or Diploma in Computing or similar related qualification
- Microsoft Certification an advantage