An expanding organization ranked as one of Irelands best workplaces, are looking to add a talented IT Infrastructure Engineer to the team. They have plans to expand extensively this year! This is an excellent opportunity as you will be responsible for local PC, Networking, and production VM Environments. There are also production systems in the cloud across customer sites.
Day to Day Activities
- Manage and Administer Microsoft technologies such as Active Directory, DHCP, DNS , Exchange, SQL Server
- Maintain accurate IT asset inventory and assist in acquisition, deployment, support, and retiring of IT assets based on established IT life cycle management
- Administer computer networks and related computing environments including servers, routers, switches, virtual hosts / hypervisors, the Wide Area Network (WAN), and the Local Area Network (LAN).
- Document environment and systems as they are maintained and deployed.
- Contribute to technical strategy, policy, and procedures.
- Cloud: Azure, AAD, Functions, Apps, VMs
- Install patches and upgrades to hardware and software in accordance with the company’s life cycle management policy.
- Implement network security measures to protect data, software, and hardware in accordance with the company’s IT security policies
- Performs data backups and disaster recovery operations.
- Maintain user profiles ensuring password policies and other system policies are enforced
- Ensure production systems are maintained and working efficiently.
IT Infrastructure Engineer – Skills & Experience
- 3rd-level degree in IT or related discipline
- Networking skills in administering and maintaining switches, routers, and firewalls
- Knowledge of switching and routing protocols (TCP/IP, BGP, RIP, OSPF, GLBP, HSRP, etc)
- Good understanding of VMWare / Hyper V
- Experience in security standards ( ISO27001 )
- 3+ years of appropriate experience supporting IT infrastructure and service delivery
- Problem-solving. Ability to quickly identify hardware, software, and network issues. Reviews related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Knowledge of Systems Integration. Configure switches and routers. Knowledge of telecommunications equipment, information systems, servers, networking protocols, and end-user computer hardware and software