Information Security Risk Specialist – 6 months contract
My client is one of the leading providers of Financial Services in Ireland. They are currently on the lookout for a Information Security Risk Specialist for an initial 6 month contract to join their team based in Dublin 2. The role is responsible for performing risk assessments on applications and vendors.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Works with the Head ISO and other members of the Information Security Office in managing Information Security Risks across all business units.
- Evaluate BIAs on vendors, analyse, classify and perform Risk Assessments on the risk rating 3 and risk rating 4 vendors
- Evaluate BIAs on applications, analyse, classify and perform Risk Assessments on the Critical and High applications
- Perform Information Security Risk Assessments on new products
- Where there is a material change of an existing product (incl. discontinuation) consider the risk associated with the change and the impact of these changes. Consider the impact of these changes to associated products or services
- Risk assess non-product linked services where these services involve a contractual relationship with the client (e.g., the payment of a fee)
- Coordinate and support the business-impact analyses, threat and vulnerability assessments and compliance activities. Manage patch and vulnerability governance process.
- A change in market or business environment will have to be evaluated for the impact, actively identify, assess and remediate in a structured way
- Support the Information Security governance and risk management activities
- Build relationships with key stakeholders across the company
Knowledge, Education & Experience:
- Considerable experience/proven background in information security, risk management, governance, performing risk assessments etc.
- Proven ability in mitigating and preventing risk to information security.
- Deep understanding of information security and keeps up to date with the latest and emerging cybersecurity threats.
- Ability to translate information security risks for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Stakeholder & relationship management across multiple business units.
- Experience in implementation of information security governance and risk management strategies.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to deal with all levels in a confident, persuasive and professional manner.
- Capability to work independently or as part of a team, be a self-starter and have strong initiative.
- Building relationships and working closely with business units to get IS measures implemented.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks according to priorities, be results-oriented and have a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Must have a very flexible approach to work and be confident working in a fast moving, exciting environment.
- Excellent attention to detail required
- Relevant third level qualification or professional equivalent (CISM, CISA, CRISC, CISSP or similar).
If you are interested in learning more about this role and happy to be represented by Solas IT please email me with your CV firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively please call me on 00 353 1 5367388