My Client is seeking a DevOps Engineer with a strong programming background in Java or Python to join their expanding team supporting the Solution Architect in building the platform/ framework/ DevOps culture based in Dublin. The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate an attitude for Open Source technologies and have implemented continuous improvement / continuous delivery effectively.
Responsibilities of the DevOps Engineer role:
- Awareness of industry direction and trends in infrastructure as code tooling and best practices.
- Handle Infrastructure as code, contributing to making our infrastructure fully automated, simple, reliable, and easy to operate
- Design, operate and automate operational tasks, such as Networking configuration, Server provisioning, backup/restore, disaster recovery, monitoring and alerting.
- Develop and implement systems that aid and facilitate our rapid growth including the implementation of deployment policies, future procedures, configuration management and planning for capacity upgrades.
- Working with your agile team colleagues, your technical leaders and the Scrum Master and Product Owner to build quality solutions that are capable of long-term testability and growth whilst delivering focused, value driven changes to a high-quality standard
- Implement security best practices
- Implement an on-going cloud cost optimisation process
- Lead and maintain a clear task backlog with Jira.
- Help the team avoid performance bottlenecks, security vulnerabilities and help with architecture decisions while ensuring that applications and services run quickly, efficiently and securely with minimum oversight
Required Experience and Qualifications for the DevOps Engineer role:
- 3+ years’ experience in DevOps/Software Configuration Management role
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or other relevant discipline
- Excellent CI/CD experience with Jenkins/Bamboo/ CircleCI/ AWS Code pipeline
- Excellent Linux experience.
- Knowledge of Docker containers, Kubernetes, AWS ECS
- Managing the cloud infrastructure as code, using either CloudFormation or Terraform.
- Maintaining highly available and performing environments.
- Monitoring tools, such as Zabbix, Nagios, New Relic.
- Managing and deploying AWS Load Balancers, RDS, Route 53, CloudFront, S3.
- Managing and deploying Serverless applications: Lambda, API Gateway, DynamoDB.
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM based development methodology
- Networking, network security and have a deep knowledge of TCP/IP
- Excellent automated builds and deployments experience.
If you are interested in learning more about this role and happy to be represented by Solas IT please email me with your CV firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively please call me on 00 353 1 5367381