DevOps / Cloud Engineer
My client is looking for a highly motivated business and solution-oriented DevOps / Cloud Engineer with a keen understanding of software security, debugging best practices, and the business value of integration and automation.
You will be responsible for a state-of-the-art application suite, your primary responsibilities will frequently include direct interaction with my client’s customers, partners, and resolve technical questions related to my client’s products.
Responsibilities of the Cloud Architect Role:
- Create, maintain and update a visual diagram of all AWS (and other cloud) infrastructures.
- Document / diagram, setup, & optimize / automate spinning up / down new / old prospective customer cloud trials.
- consists of Unix admin, Windows admin, Docker in EKS clusters, YAML scripts, EC2, RDS, VPC, SSL, and more.
- Monitor, manage, optimize performance and cost of our customer AWS environments which consist of EKS, EC2, RDS, VPC, SSL Certificate Management, and more.
- including leveraging multi-year options, shared resources, etc.
- Administrate Hashicorp
- maintain and update our key management spreadsheet (in Hashicorp)
- Review and optimize all DevOps and related processes, as needed.
Required Qualifications and Skills for the Cloud Architect Role:
- Broad experience with:
- Puppet / Chef (automated architecture)
- AWS Certified Professional – DevOps Engineer
Very strong skills with:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Docker containers
- MS SQL Server
- Maria DB
- VI Editor
- API Understanding
- JSON and REST End Points
- .NET development understanding
- YAML – Creating, updating, etc
- SSL Certificate Management
- AD and LDAP
- Strong understanding of DNS
- Familiar with tools like CloudFlare, New Relic, Aqua, CloudSploit, Park My Cloud, etc
- Understanding of auto – scaling, hands on experience.
- Understanding of EC2, S3 Buckets, Elastic Search, LB, etc.
If you are interested in learning more about this role and happy to be represented by Solas IT please email me with your CV email@example.com. Alternatively please call me on 00 353 1 5367381