Desktop Support Engineer
About the Role
As a key member of the IT team, you will be responsible for day-to-day support and administration of the LAN, desktop/laptops and peripherals.
To apply for the Desktop Support Engineer Role, please send your CV to Shane.carton(a)solasit.ie or call Shane on 015367384 for more information.
Responsibilities of the Desktop Support Engineer Role:
- Setup computers and install software for various applications and programs.
- Interact with staff on desktop problems and their resolution.
- Manage ordering of desktops / laptops.
- Maintain computer peripheral devices like printers and resolve associated problems.
- Ensure all devices are patched monthly.
- Train end users on usage of computer hardware and software.
- Manage and administer key Microsoft technologies, such as Active Directory, WSUS, WDS, MS Exchange.
- Manage and maintain company email system, anti-virus, web and email filtering.
- Firewall and wifi configuration and maintenance.
- Manage office printer infrastructure.
- Develop and build effective working relationships with colleagues and third-party partners.
- Adhere to policies as per corporate manuals and directives.
- Extend computer support for systems’ software and hardware as required.
Essential Skills Required for the Desktop Support Engineer Role:
- Firewall: Web blocking, Anti-virus.
- Networking: VLANs, Switching, WIFI, routing, LAN, WAN.
- OS: Windows server 2008, 2012, basic Linux, Win 7,8,10.
- Thorough knowledge of Active Directory and Domain Controllers.
- Proactive monitoring of systems and alerts through existing monitoring systems (incl syslog and PRTG).
- A self-starter with common sense approach and an attention to detail.
- Capable of adapting to changing priorities and thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Tenacious problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Enjoys working in a close-knit team.
Essential Experience and Qualifications for the Desktop Support Engineer Role:
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Third level technical qualification.