Data Architect – Dublin 2 (Permanent & FTC Opportunities Available)
My client is one of the leading providers of Financial Services in Ireland. They are currently on the lookout for a Data Architect to join their team based in Dublin 2. You will work closely with our key stakeholders; data engineers, data scientists, Data Quality teams, and IT Architects to expand and enhance data warehousing, data science and analytics capabilities, delivering value across the enterprise.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Aligns business and data architecture strategies to define project level architecture that will deliver on project objectives.
- Takes responsibility of the Solution Architecture with the assistance of other IT architects and data engineers for Digital Marketing Automation, Business Intelligence and Data science projects across a variety of products and technologies.
- The Data Architect is a key person who understands the solution and the domain/ industry well. The Data Architect needs to understand the stakeholder’s requirements and also suggest alternatives to better the solution and alleviate the challenge/ issue being addressed.
- Analyses and translates business, information and technical requirements into a design blueprint that outlines solutions to achieve business and commercial objectives.
- Research and suggest new concepts to provide our clients with actionable Business Intelligence, Digital marketing and Cloud and solutions
- Coordinate with business teams, analysts and architects to deliver detailed solution designs and specifications
- Provide strategic technology guidance to the business
- Collaborate with business, data & IT peers to establish standards & processes
- Ensure solution alignment with target architecture
- Contributes to post implementation reviews helping to demonstrate success or otherwise of projects or operational initiatives.
- Supports project resource scheduling and team capacity planning.
- Contribution to the definition of departmental and systems strategies and progression of any allocated objectives.
Knowledge, Education & Experience:
- A University degree / third level qualification or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 8 years industry experience in Information/BI Architecture
- Broad and deep understanding of Business Intelligence, data warehouse and automation, solutions
- Proven experience in Information/BI design.
- Expert knowledge of BI Data Modelling concepts such as Star Schemas and Dimensional Modelling and 3NF
- Proficient knowledge of data science
- Experienced with delivering cloud based data solutions
- Experience of Data Quality and Governance
- Experience of OLAP concepts (MOLAP,ROLAP, HOLAP) and cube construction
- Experience of data, master data and metadata related standards, processes and technologies
- Proven experience in leading and managing the delivery of Information/BI development projects in a technology driven environment
- Experience in a variety of Information/BI development approaches and methodologies including Kimbal / Inmon / Agile BI / DSDM / MIKE 2.0
- Must be security conscious.
- Proficiency Teradata FSDM
- Proficiency in ETL tools such as Datastage or Informatica.
- Experience with Release Automation / Continuous Integration in a data warehouse
- Has worked with tools such as JIRA/BItbucket in an Agile environment.
- Experience with programming or scripting languages, Python, Shell Scripting/Powershell etc.
- Experience in big data technologies and data lakes
- Experience with AWS data services
- Experience with lead campaign management, Adobe, sales force, etc
If you are interested in learning more about this role and happy to be represented by Solas IT please email me with your CV firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively please call me on 00 353 1 5367388