Cyber Security Engineer
My Client are looking to hire an experienced Cyber Security Engineer to join their SaaS Operations team and support the successful delivery of SaaS solution, which primarily focuses on helping customers digitize and manage their validation, commissioning, and qualification processes.
- Act as SME for all information security aspects of the SaaS platform. This will involve partnering closely with the other SaaS Operations teams to ensure that the appropriate security controls are implemented, and to continuously evolve these controls to deliver the optimum protection.
- Continuously work to optimise security tooling.
- Represent SaaS Security during ISO/Customer Audits ensuring that the evidence for information security is up to date and in line with expectations/procedures.
- Partake in the process of responding to customer information-security questionnaires.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of security-related policies/standard operating procedures.
- Oversee the configuration and operation of the AWS security solutions, such as AWS WAF, AWS Guardduty, Inspector and Security Center.
- Partake in incident management and root cause analysis exercises.
- Partner with Operations and Development teams to architect solutions that are optimised per security best-practices.
- Constantly keep up-to-date with emerging threats and trends within the Cyber Security-space.
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in a Cyber Security Engineer (or similar) capacity.
- Experience supporting penetration testing, vulnerability assessments, IAM and SIEM tools.
- Extensive knowledge of technologies such as Kali Linux, endpoint protection and detection, IDS and IPS tools and vulnerability scanning tools, malware detection and prevention
- Knowledge of the CIS security standards.
- Solid understanding and experience with AWS services and cloud operation concepts.
- Containerisation and Kubernetes experience, preferably with Amazon EKS and ECR.
- Understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, routing, VPN, load-balancing, SMTP.
- Knowledge of encryption protocols and SQL server data encryption solutions
- Working knowledge of monitoring tools such as Prometheus, Grafana and ELK.
- Degree or equivalent in a computing or engineering discipline.
- Strong team player with a results-oriented track record.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic with a continuous learning mindset.
- Familiarity with DevOps technologies – CI-CD stacks, Git, Azure DevOps
- Competent in infrastructure automation practices.
- System Administrator background with a solid understanding of the core concepts.
- Previous experience of delivering SaaS services to customers who operate in a regulated environments.
- Experience of Agile / Kanban methodology.
- Ability to have a positive impact on team members and communicate openly and directly to individuals or groups at all levels.
- AWS Certified
If you are interested in learning more about this role and happy to be represented by Solas IT please email me with your CV email@example.com. Alternatively please call me on 00 353 1 5367381