Contract QA Engineer – Initial 6 month Contract
We are actively seeking a QA Engineer for an initial 6 month daily rate contract with view to extend. This role will offer you the flexibility of remote working. You will be working on a project with one of the largest clients. To apply send your CV via the link or call Ryan on 01 2449531 for more info.
- Develop an understanding of client business terminology practice and procedures within a reasonable timeframe.
- Develop knowledge of the client’s business model to assist in Requirement validation.
- Provide input as per best practice (estimating, designing, developing and executing test procedures and test cases).
- Provide guidance about functionality and quality in relation to the testing approach.
- Review specification documents so that accurate and comprehensive test plans and test cases can be created.
- Work closely with the Development team on a daily basis.
- Liaise with Business Analysts/Business Users if requirements are unclear.
- Execute Test plans and Regression Test plans within agreed timescales and standards.
- Test complex areas of application(s) and use business knowledge to determine if functionality is correct.
- Investigate and document defects in a defect-tracking system and verify resolution to ensure prompt closure of all defects.
- Ensure that all assigned QA tasks are run to agreed schedule and to an acceptable level of quality.
- Clearly articulate and communicate testing status, and red/yellow flags, which might interfere with the achievement of QA milestones.
- Contribute to the creation of functional, regression, performance and load/stress test suites and adhere to the test methodologies used within the company.
- Manage priorities and set expectations when faced with multiple demanding tasks.
- Assist in the day-to-day Test team functions.
- You may be required to perform additional duties, not listed above, to support the testing function into the future.
- Adhere to and promote internal information security policies and procedures
- Must have 4+ years of Software Test experience.
- Strong testing background expected with experience writing test plans and test procedures.
- Experience in the use of Defect Tracking tools like Jira.
- Experience testing business / enterprise applications.
- Experience of structured testing methods and techniques.
- Experience with Test Automation Tools such as Selenium (WebDriver) advantageous.
- Working knowledge.Net and/or Java advantageous.
- Experience and working knowledge of SQL advantageous.