Contract Data Engineer – SQL/Oracle
We are actively seeking a Data Engineer for an initial 6 month daily rate contract with view to extend. This role will offer you the flexibility of remote working. You will be working on a project with one of the largest clients. To apply send your CV via the link or call 01 2449531 for more info.
- Analysis & Design work on enterprise data sets
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Working understanding of the health of the underlying architecture
- Becoming a subject matter expert on client processes and how data can be used to improve / inform them.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Develop reporting and data extracts for customers based on appropriate use cases.
- Manage movement of data between operational data stores and analytical data warehouses.
- Adhere to and promote internal information security policies and procedures
- Must have 4+ years of Data Engineering experience.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Working knowledge of Oracle.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Experience working with ETL tools and Data Warehousing platforms such as Snowflake.
- Experience working with visualization platforms such as Tableau.
- Experience with development of reports using Crystal Reports or similar technologies.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience with database performance tuning to improve performance on reports and extracts.
- Experience and working knowledge of NoSQL data stores advantageous.
- Experience working with cloud technologies advantageous.