Cloud Security Architect – Contract
As the Cloud Security Architect is a key area and will focus on architecting cloud-based solutions for a variety of projects, which will include research & development, building prototypes and proof of concepts to guide solutions and best practices. In addition to designing these solutions you will be either responsible or involved in their solution architecture implementation, deployment, and operations.
- Architect AWS based solutions for custom developed applications.
- DevOps evangelist and ownership throughout product lifecycle. Strong DevOps experience/mindset with CALMS principles.
- Automate provisioning of both cloud-based infrastructure and application deployment/configuration to support the development organization.
- Develop Cloud Native Architectures
- Identify, develop, implement and improve infrastructure/operations activities for automation with Cloud experience, particularly with AWS
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in all environments through proven detail-oriented analysis in root cause scenarios and technical deep dives
- Contribute to team efforts to maintain processes and tools for infrastructure, monitoring and operations with clear documentation
- Implement strategies for optimization, high availability and recovery
- Ability to communicate well with multiple cross functional stakeholders
- Efficiently manage multiple work streams with clear and proactive communication of status, as both a self-starter and a team player.
- IAM experience including management of Policies, Roles, Users and Groups. Cross account access, Role assumption and the use of Boundary Policies
- Strong understanding of AWS WAF, KMS and ACM
- Solid understanding of AWS security reference architectures
- Experience with security architectures in multi account environments
- Strong development background with track record of delivering products to production.
- Strong understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Strong automation mindset based on past success, including ability to provide automation guidance to team members and developers.
- Strong capabilities in scripting (Python, AWS CLI, Bash)
- AWS Support level experience with EC2, ECS / Fargate, ALB, S3, VPC, CodeCommit/git, and Route53 DNS
- Application Monitoring experience, preferably including AWS CloudWatch.
- Architecting using the Well Architected Framework
- Strong ability to learn and use new technology frameworks
- Understanding of High Availability services concepts