Cloud Operations Engineer
My client is a Global Fintech company with over 900 employees globally. The Cloud Operations team is seeking a Cloud Operations Engineer that enjoys solving problems, working with customers, and has a technical background from a variety of different fields including Linux/Windows systems administration, Cloud design and optimization, network administration, and DevOps.
- Developing and proposing CI/CD improvements.
- Proposing AWS enhancements into current infrastructure as code.
- Proactively automate infrastructure and services to enable a small team to deliver value to a global enterprise.
- Troubleshooting complex deployment issues on a multi-tier cloud enterprise solution.
- Communicating system changes – scheduled downtimes, system updates, etc. – both internally and externally.
- Work directly with customers, operations, and engineering to research, troubleshoot, and resolve performance issues in a timely manner.
- Ensure customer satisfaction through outstanding customer service and high-quality technical responses.
- Clearly and succinctly document communications with customers within our case management system.
- Effectively prioritize and escalate customer issues as required
- Provide input on automation, and a systematic approach to configuration, deployment and infrastructure maintenance and recovery as well as continuing to improve the performance and reliability of the network and the overall service.
- Foster high-performance, collaborative technical work resulting in high-quality output.
- Help define technical solutions to meet business needs through Agile process.
- Gather and analyse data to aide in informed decision-making while providing detailed, realistic estimates.
- Interact skilfully with business stakeholders and third-party technical organizations.
- Work closely with architecture and security teams to deliver security by design for our client’s wider IT teams
- Document and present DevOps practices to internal team and wider teams to promote Cloud DevOps.
- 4+ years’ experience in a Cloud engineering or similar role
- Expert experience in AWS administration and troubleshooting for two (2) or more of the following:
- Orchestration Management
- Configuration Management
- Continuous Integration technology (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, Ansible Chef, Puppet, or related tools)
- Experience with System Administration with Linux (CentOS, RedHat) and/or Microsoft Windows Server and associated technologies (Active Directory, Exchange).
- Expert experience with Networking and troubleshooting (TCP/IP, DNS, routing, switching, firewalls, LAN/WAN, traceroute, iperf, dig, cURL or related).
- Be service focused ensuring all applications achieve SLAs and production deployments are to the highest standards meeting customer requirements
- Good Hands-on experience leading the architecture design, development and deployment of enterprise software at scale.
- Experience in investigating and responding to tickets regarding health and security of the system, assigning priority, and coordinating with application teams to ensure that company Service Level Agreements are met.
- Customer facing experience is essential.
- Ability to automate repeatable tasks via scripting using tools such as Ansible, Bash, and PowerShell