Cloud Data Architect – Team Lead
You will lead a small team focused on Cloud Data Architecture. In your role, you will be given great latitude to flex your skillset while benefiting from the support of our many AWS Certified team members. You will have the opportunity to shape the makeup of a growing team of Cloud Data Architects and Engineers, as well as the processes and practices used by the team. You will collaborate with business stakeholders, as well as our Data Science, Engineering and Product teams to architect and solution in accordance to industry wide best practices. This is a Hands-On position whereby you will be responsible for solution architecture, implementation, Infrastructure as Code, and support.
To apply send your CV via the link or call Ryan on 01 2449531.
- Solution architecture + hands-on development.
- Provide expertise and key experiences in AWS data services (Data Lake, Analytics, ETL, and Warehousing) to lead the team in well architected solutions and implementations.
- Day to day oversight and direction of the Cloud Data Architecture Team, consisting of 2-3 members with a mix of full-time staff and contractors.
- Partner with Business stakeholders, Data Scientist, Analysts, Architects, and Engineers to build Solution Architectures that leverage the Data Platform in an optimized, low barrier to entry manner.
- Contribute to the evolution of the overall Data Architecture Strategy, including Reference Architectures and Reference Implementations to grow the platform.
- Contribute to the adoption of the firm’s Data Platform and work with stakeholders to enable them to self-serve in their consumption of the platform
- Implement solutions using Infrastructure as Code to ensure repeatable, consistent, and deterministic outcomes. Develop fully automated solutions using AWS Cloud Native Services that enable performance and cost optimized solutions.
- Developing / Debugging AWS data service based workloads.
- 2+ years’ experience running a Cloud Data Architecture team
- 4+ years Solution Architecture experience, including 3+ years Data Architecture.
- Hands-on experience with several of the following AWS services (Athena, Glue ETL/Catalog, Redshift, Sagemaker, RDS or Aurora, DynamoDB, Lambda, EC2, StepFunctions).
- 3+ years hands-on AWS experience, including 2+ years hands-on AWS experience in CodePipeline and/or CloudFormation.
- 3+ years Software Development experience, including 2+ years of Python (including Spark) experience.
- Experience building & operating production data lakes and data warehouse solutions on AWS.
- Strong DevOps mindset and experience in promoting code from staging to production environments through automation.
- AWS Certified, preferably Big Data, SA and/or DevOps.