Cloud Application Engineer
My client is a market-leading payments technology company head quartered in the US. They are looking for a Cloud Application Engineer to join their expanding team.
During the COVID-19 Pandemic and for the foreseeable future all interviews will be conducted by Zoom / Virtually.
Excellent Benefits: Pension, Healthcare, Life Cover, Income Protection, WFH 3 days/ week
- Managing systems, applications, and operations procedures, designing scalable, self-recovering checks for resilient cloud systems and with a focus on automation
- Areas of focus for automation include routine tasks, monitoring and notification creation and error recovery to meet uptime requirements for all resources that make up the Microsoft Azure Production and UAT environments.
- Timely issue resolution for production interruptions
- Identifying improvements in infrastructure for availability, security, and efficiency
- Identify new checks to proactively notify impending system or environment failures or capacity limitations
- Maintenance of applications through patches or upgrades
- Deploy application updates to necessary environments
- Assisting with issue identification and data collection; and reporting of all issues to key stakeholders.
- Mange vendor support cases to address incidents
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Computer Science) + 4-7 years’ relevant work experience or 7-10 years’ relevant work experience
- 2-4 years’ experience in Public cloud experience with a focus on PaaS and Cloud Native offerings
- 2-4 years’ experience in PowerShell scripting
- Experience supporting 24×7 production services
- Experience with automated CI/CD pipelines and tools (Terraform, Ansible, etc)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills with focus on risk management and planning
- Familiarity with Kubernetes
- Experience with KQL (Kusto Query Language)
- Cloud certification with a focus on PaaS and Cloud Native offerings in Azure.
- Experience with PKI Infrastructures, server certificates, certificate authorities.
- Experience working in a change-controlled environment