C++ Engineer – Embedded
Our client is a Global Leader working in an enterprise level environment offering exciting products to businesses. Their solutions enable businesses to meet the challenges associated with improving the productivity of mobile workforces in real-time. Due to on-going Global success we have an opportunity for a Firmware Engineer to join the team.
Excellent Package on offer – Bonus + Pension + Healthcare + Courses/Training
Apply for the C++ Engineer Role or contact Ryan Wannenburg for more information.
Key Responsibilities of the C++ Engineer Role:
- Define software architecture for product platforms.
- Develop software functional specifications for products.
- Develops and specifies data protocol messages required to transfer feature specific data between device, cellular network and backend IT systems.
- Develop software source code for products.
- Coordinates design of subsystems and integration of total system. Includes systems modeling, experimentation and data analysis, and system testing.
- Incorporates technologies from multiple disciplines including software engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineer, electro-magnetic, digital signal processing and control theory.
- Designs changes to improve overall system performance.
- Responsible to assist the QA team in test plan creation and review.
- Coordinate with manufacturing to release and maintain products.
- May make recommendations to the future direction of the products.
- May perform limited project management duties.
- Will initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through designated channels.
- Work with communication protocols and peripherals, such as LTE, WiFi, BTLE, TCP/IP, and GPS.
Required Experience for the C++ Engineer Role:
- Minimum of two years of experience in designing and developing firmware in the embedded microprocessor electronics industry.
- Minimum of two years of experience writing software in C/C++ in an embedded environment with an understanding of assembly language.
Desired Experience for the C++ Engineer Role:
- Experience with USB, UART, CAN, I2C and SPI
- Experience with communication protocols and peripherals, including LTE, WiFi, BTLE, TCP/IP
If you are interested in learning more about this role and happy to be represented by Solas IT please email me with your CV email@example.com. Alternatively please call me on 00 353 1 2449531