Title: Technical Business Analyst
This position will work closely with the Senior BA Manager, Technical Director and Sales Managers, to consult with potential customers in order to ascertain their business requirements for bespoke software solutions. You will have the opportunity to interact with many and varied projects and to advance your career within a successful and expanding bespoke software development organisation
Business Analyst Responsibilities:
- Translating high-level customer requirements into detailed functional specifications and application architecture that will be delivered via Agile or Waterfall methodologies.
- Research, identify, test, and select technology products required for solution delivery.
- Engaging with the customer to extract and document their business requirements
- Clarifying requirements and responding to issues.
- Clearly communicating in all forms including email, phone, Word documents and in person.
- Estimating work effort with significant autonomy.
- Participating in the sales process as a Technical Specialist presenting to customers a broad scope of technologies and implementations of these technologies.
BA Experience required
- Creating and managing Product Backlogs in an Agile development environment
- Responsibility for functional specifications, process mapping, database design,
- Documentation of user roles, interface specifications and general software system structure.
- Proven ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of Intellectual and practical problems.
- Proven ability to read, analyse, and interpret complex documents and to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints from customers.
- Strong understanding of the Agile development methodology and its impact on how project requirements are managed.
The role is intensively people-facing, so the candidate must be confident and comfortable in dealing with personnel at all levels and possess well developed communication and presentation skills.