Application Support Engineer (L3)
My Client is a globally recognized financial organization that provides financial services and products to consumers, corporations and many other institutions internationally. They are currently seeking an experienced Application Support Engineer (L3) to join their team based in Dublin 1 on a contract basis. The successful candidate will work closely with users and the wider support teams around the world.
- Install, supports and maintains funds services platform as part of a global team.
- Ensure high-availability and low risk for assigned applications.
- Partake in regular contingency testing of assigned applications.
- Consult with users, colleagues and other technology groups on issues, analysing, evaluating and recommending/implementing solutions.
- Lead in planning and overseeing application upgrades for assigned application branches, partnering closely with Operations & Technology stakeholders
- Partners with support teams and the vendor’s support & development teams The core application is a vendor platform, and the successful candidate will provide early Level 3 support.
- Use knowledge of application development/support procedures and concepts to identify and define necessary system enhancements. This will include using scripting tools and analysing/interpreting processes or code
- Serve as advisor or coach to new or junior analysts within the team
- Analyse application vulnerabilities and resolve in a timely manner
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation, its clients and assets in line with company policy and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in application support (Level 3), application management and application deployment (Ideally within Financial Services).
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, with the ability to think quickly and clearly
- Operating Systems: Windows 2012, WIN 2016, Linux, Aix
- Database: Oracle (ideally) or any RDBMS
- Any of the Scripting Languages, eg Shell-Script, Python, Ruby scripting, PowerShell, Perl scripting
- Middleware technology exposure required, eg. Oracle WebLogic, or others
- Release Tools, eg. uDeploy, or others
- Scheduling Tool, eg. Autosys , or others
- Monitoring, eg ITRS, or others
- Process Management: ITIL, ServiceNow, JIRA
- Exposure to Cloud infrastructure
- ETL Tools
- Exposure to DevOps tools
- Experience in the Multifonds application, fund accounting technology or financial services in general will be a distinct advantage.
If you are interested in learning more about this role and happy to be represented by Solas IT please email me with your CV email@example.com. Alternatively please call me on 00 353 1 5367388